"I'll be on so work me" syndrome

Subject: "I'll be on so work me" syndrome
From: KA9FOX@aol.com (KA9FOX@aol.com)
Date: Fri May 26 15:30:38 1995
Once again, I'm seeing quite a few of these "I'll be on for the contest so
work me please" messages on the reflector, and it's JUST for WPX!!  Imagine
if it was CQWW DX!

KM9P made the point a few months ago, and I really agree with him.  These
messages are pretty much a worthless waste of bandwidth here on the
reflector.  PLUS, if ALL reflector users who are going to be on for the
contest posted similiar messages... our mailboxes would be FLOODED!!!

It's a little late for this contest, but let's try to resist the temptation
to use the reflector in this way.  If we hear you, and you are a new one...
we'll work you.  Trust us.

73 - Scott, KA9FOX
ka9fox@aol.com