Anarts ww rtty rules

Subject: Anarts ww rtty rules
From: aa9jy@comone.com (aa9jy@comone.com)
Date: Fri Jun 9 08:30:10 1995
     I saw a couple of posts today for the ANARTS contest rules,
     so here they are:

 IJ> ==================================================
 IJ> Subject: ANARTS WW RTTY Contest Rules
 IJ> From: myzer@triode.apana.org.au (Myzer)

 IJ> AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL AMATEUR RADIO TELEPRINTER SOCIETY

 IJ> For information of all potential contestants and the Editors
 IJ> of  all  appropriate  publications.    These  rules  may  be
 IJ> published at the discretion of all readers.

 IJ> A.N.A.R.T.S.              To be held on the week-end of
 IJ> 10th-11th JUNE. 1995.
 IJ> WW  RTTY  CONTEST
 IJ> Australian National Amateur
 IJ> Radio Teleprinter Society.
 IJ> RULES                   P.O. Box 860, CROWS NEST, NSW 2065.
 IJ>
 IJ> =======================================================================
 IJ> =
 IJ> These Rules are distributed to cover the 1995 ANARTS WW RTTY
 IJ> CONTEST.
 IJ> TEST PERIOD: Contest takes place on the second full week-end of
 IJ> June in each year.  Contests start 0000 UTC Saturday and end 0000
 IJ> UTC Monday. The 1995 contest is to be held 10-11th June.

 IJ> Not more than 30 hours of operating is permitted for Single Op.
 IJ> Stations Non operating periods can be taken at any time during the
 IJ> contest.
 IJ> Multi Op. Stations may operate the entire contest period.

 IJ> Summary of operating times must be submitted with each contest log.

 IJ> BANDS:  Use Amateur bands 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 metres.

 IJ> MODES:  All digital modes permitted (RTTY,AMTOR,FEC,PKT,PACTOR)
 IJ> NOTE:  No satellite operation permitted.

 IJ> CLASSIFICATIONS:   (A) SINGLE OPERATOR (One transmitter)

 IJ> (B) MULTI-OPERATOR  (One transmitter)

 IJ> (C) SWLs

 IJ> MESSAGES: To consist of RST, TIME (UTC), and (CQ) ZONE.

 IJ> SCORING:  For each band used - As per Exchange Points Table to
 IJ> obtain QSO Points. (This Table was revised 1994 and is so
 IJ> marked). Count Countries worked (see definition)

 IJ> Total all bands used to obtain (1) Total QSO Points.
 IJ> "    "    "     "   "    "   (2) Total Countries.

 IJ> World stations calculate "VK BONUS"  which is 100 points
 IJ> for each VK worked on 14MHz; 200 points for each VK worked
 IJ> on 21MHz; 300 points for each VK worked on 28Mhz; 400
 IJ> points for each VK worked on 7MHz and 500 points for each
 IJ> VK worked on 3.5MHz.

 IJ> CLAIMED SCORE for WORLD STATIONS  is calculated by
 IJ> multiplying (1) TOTAL QSO POINTS by (2) TOTAL COUNTRIES
 IJ> then THAT TOTAL by (3) the NUMBER OF CONTINENTS WORKED
 IJ> during the contest.(Note that each continent counts once
 IJ> only to a maximum of 6). To the total obtained ADD the "VK
 IJ> BONUS" to show GRAND TOTAL CLAIMED SCORE.

 IJ> Example for World Station: 720 points from zone chart (1)
 IJ> X 29 countries (2) = 20,890 X 5 continents (3) = 104,400
 IJ> pts plus(+) 6 VK stations worked on 14MHz (that is 600
 IJ> points) giving a grand total of 105,000 points.

 IJ> CLAIMED SCORE for AUSTRALIAN STATIONS (VK1-VK8) is
 IJ> calculated by multipying (1) TOTAL QSO POINTS by (2) TOTAL
 IJ> COUNTRIES and then that total by (3) the NUMBER OF
> [...]

     By the way, does anyone have a copy of the points table, maybe it is the
     same as the Volta contest. I haven't entered this contest yet and would
     like to spend a little time on this one.

     See all you RTTY contester this weekend
     Dean AA9JY

     aa9jy@comone.com

--- Blue Wave/QWK v2.10