lo pwr with ICOM 737

Subject: lo pwr with ICOM 737
From: fredeb@norand.com (fredeb@norand.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 10:58:27 1995
ICOM 737 question

I am planning on running battery class in field day.
Has anyone had experience with using the 737 at 5 watts?

The front panel power output control is adjustable to 10 watts minimum but
there is also a pot inside labeled "minimum power adjust".

The internal antenna tuner is speced to run at 8 watts minimum but I thought I
could turn the power up slightly to tune and then back down to 5W to operate.

Anyone tried this with success?

Bill Frede  AA0WO
fredeb@norand.com