Contest Antenna Questions

Subject: Contest Antenna Questions
From: RFPWR@aol.com (RFPWR@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 3 21:09:00 1995
Last fall I started setting up my first real contest station. The following
antennas are up now:
             Tower 1:  205CA 60'
                           40-2CD 70'

             Tower 2:  4 el 20 m quad -30'ft boom (also has 2 el 15 and 3 el
10)

             Tower 3:  155CA at 50'
                           105CA at 60'

             Tower 4:  100' with no antennas installed. Tower is Rohn
triangular 19"/side.

Advice is solicited on the following questions:

1. On the ground, I have a TH7, two more 205CA's, a 40-2CD, and a KLM 10M-6.
Given what is already up, which antennas should I put on the 100' tower? I am
leaning toward the TH7 and 40-2CD. Or should I go with the 205CA and stack it
with another fixed on EU at about 50'?

2. Does anyone have practical experience/suggestions for stacking a TH7 or
other tribander with a monobander?

3. Does anyone have practical experience/suggestions for feeding antennas on
separate towers in phase?

4. I have 3 radio/amp combinations. Should I set up my antennas primarily to
put multiple antennas for a given band on one radio, or should I try to
allocate multiple bands to each radio. I suspect this would depend on the
contest.

These may be basic questions, but my contesting in the past has been limited
to wire antennas or simple, low tribanders. Any advice or information
received will be greatly appreciated.

73, Chas N8RR  Lafayette, LA              rfpwr@aol.com