Anyone collecting IARU Scores?

Subject: Anyone collecting IARU Scores?
From: wb2k@ritz.mordor.com (John A. Ross, IV)
Date: Mon Jul 10 09:02:52 1995
Anyone collecting IARU Scores for a listing?

John A. Ross, IV  - WB2K / VE2TJA [Zone 2]  (wb2k@ritz.mordor.com)
Summit, New Jersey
Contest DXpedition Registry ---------> http://www.mordor.com/wb2k

From: k2mm@MasPar.COM (John Zapisek K2MM) (John Zapisek K2MM)
Subject: Rx/Tx Reciprocity

Oops.  Denny/K8DO tried to copy cq-contest but he busted the address.

> Subject: Re: Rx/Tx Reciprocity
> From: K8DO@aol.com
> To: k2mm
> Cc: ca-contest@tgv.com
>
> Yes! Yes! Yes!  In fact, I recommend, to all of you who are my competitors,
> that you put in at least 100dB of receiver attenuation to ensure the proper
> phase relationship of E and I at the Rx input during the contest.......
>
> Denny

BTW, I omitted to say I assumed flat SWRs:

> Turn on your RX's attenuator unless you're sure it presents a decent
> 50-ohm load to the feedline.  Then you can be sure of RX-TX reciprocity.

The feedline has to be matched at both ends.

73.  --John/K2MM