SquINT-for Kidz only.

Subject: SquINT-for Kidz only.
From: WD5N%mimi@magic.itg.ti.com (WD5N%mimi@magic.itg.ti.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 08:59:37 1995
From: wd5n@msg.ti.com

Subject: re: SquINT-for Kidz only.

K0OD sez:

>  Simplify the scoring. Also, I'd like to see the SquINT limited to contacts
>between kids. I don't have a big station on 20 and my son kept getting beat
>out in the pileups by adults with 5-element yagis. As a result, we made only

  >>snip<<

I worked a handful of kids in the first SQUint (Dave, 42, Black).  And for
this very reason I always listened before I called to be sure no one else
was calling, because I didn't want to step on the toes of any kiddies.
But if no one else called I did so because I think the tykes would rather
get a response from a grup than from nobody.  And there really weren't
all that many kids on, plus with propagation limitations they didn't have
answers to a lot of their calls.  Now if this event keeps growing to where
there are a large quantity of kids on the air, then I would say it would
be time to ban the grups (old Trek term if you recall).

                73, Dave WD5Nirvana    wd5n@msg.ti.com