BIP-BOP switches

Subject: BIP-BOP switches
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 18 13:18:56 1995
I have been thinking about constructing a BIP-BOP switch using DPDT
relays.  I notice that in the diagrams published in the mags using
commercial switch boxes, an extra half-wavelength of coax is switched
into one of the antenna feeds to provide the out-of-phase signal.  I
do NOT see any where the second antenna's phase is switched by merely
reversing the center conductor and the shield of one of the antennas
using another DPTD relay.  This appears to be easier and cheaper than
yet antother piece of coax with all the extra connectors.  What am
I missing???

I would seem the same idea would be usable for a pair of phased verticals,
that is, reversing the center and shield on one of the antennas.  Again,
I don't see this mentioned anywhere in print.

Please enlighten me, especially if you have tried it!

Thanks.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu