"Is the frequency in use?" or "QRL?"

Subject: "Is the frequency in use?" or "QRL?"
From: JPontek@aol.com (JPontek@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 09:25:48 1995
QRL? Is THIS frequency in use? The next thing that happens is an op from 1
KHz away says yes, because his RX is very wide. I f he moves to my frequency,
I might hear him, if he is still 1 KHz away, NADA. I agree with Fred, dump it
in and go for it. The best signal wins! If you don't have the best signal,
better work on it for the next contest, in the mean time, go find a weaker
dog and take his food. This is a contest,  isn't? You are there to make the
most contects, right?  If I listen on a frequency with a 250 Hertz band width
and hear nothing, I'm dumping it in.  If you went to pee, you lost it. Keep a
water tight waste basket close!  Go for it Fred, and I'll be right behind ya!

73, K8Joe"Palooka"
jpontek@aol.com

PS I wish I had spent more time with Len when I was stationed at Andrews. He
was our CHOP back in '62-'65 at the 2045th Comm Gp.