RUFZ Comments de KR0Y

Subject: RUFZ Comments de KR0Y
From: JSTEINMAN@aol.com (JSTEINMAN@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 23:45:57 1995
Just FTP'ed RUFZ yesterday. Had a chance to play 10 or so times. After
getting used to listening to my crummy PC speaker (imagine operating a CW
contest listening to that!), I found that my score maxed out at 26-27K. I was
getting 35-38 of the 50 calls correct. Max PARIS around 330-340. This was
with the initial CONFIG settings.

THEN I read the instructions (like a good engineer does) and found that
SPEED, not accuracy, is what drives the score. I reset the initial PARIS
speed from 150 (?) to 200. Scored 31-32K next few times, now only getting
about 20 calls completely correct. Max PARIS 347.

Thought I found the "secret" so set initial PARIS to 250.... score
decreased.......

Fun little gadget. Maybe I'll FTP the latest version of PED and give it a go.
Last time I tried it with my non-soundcard equipped computer it was less than
impressive.

73
Jeff KR0Y
jsteinman@aol.com