Good callsigns

Subject: Good callsigns
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Tue Aug 1 19:03:30 1995

>My suggested best contest call sign:
>
>     TU5NN
>
>        /JBL  KD1ON
>         (jbl@levin.mv.com)

We used to have a lot of fun with W9DE on Field Day on CW (Call used by
Joliet ARS for years.)

Sorry Ernie!      :-)

I don't know how others feel, but I'm enjoying this thread!

                                        73, Zack W9SZ

From: ac1o@sunken.gate.net (Walt Deemer) (Walt Deemer)
Subject: 1) WN4KKN 2) IRC

John Warren, NT5C, recently opined:

> Trey's callsign is particularly memorable on ssb:

> WAXAHACHIE NICARAGUA FOUR KNICKERBOCKER KNICKERBOCKER NICARAGUA

No, NO -- our Fearless Leader's call really sounds like *this* on ssb:

              Write Knight Four Knight Knight Night

On another subject: As of this writing (2200Z), Hurricane Erin is bearing
down on South-Central Florida.  The latest forecast track on West Palm
Beach's Channel 5, using a big-scale map, shows the storm passing *right
over* International Radio and Computers.  (Honest!!  IRC is located 3
miles south of Fort Pierce, Florida.)

Is this Divine Retribution?  Is it IRC's new Super-Fast Delivery
System for Long-Delayed Orders?  Or -- ?

(Sorry; I've spent the day boarding up the house here, and I guess all
the Erin-watching has finally pushed me over the edge.  Fortunately, the
electric power will probably go out for a couple of days, so I won't be
able to read the (well-deserved) flames that will surely be sent my way.)

73 de Walt, AC1O/4 (located 8 miles south of Fort Pierce, Florida)