3-500Z's - is the 500ZG the way to go ?

Subject: 3-500Z's - is the 500ZG the way to go ?
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Wed Aug 16 21:58:25 1995
-----
| Ron Stone, GW3YDX -    EMail ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk

-----
You will have seen from a previous E mail that I've fried one of the
3-500Z's in my L7. I made a good job of it - the anode structure
entirely broke away from the top cap assembly.

To get back on air for the contest season I need a replacement pair.

Looking at the QST a pair of 3-500ZG's from RF parts at $225 looks
pretty attractive compared with the regular Eimac price. But there is
the old saying "you get what you pay for". Has anyone an observation
on the RF parts tubes please. Are they Chinese Penta tubes in disguise
maybe ? I've heard the 500ZG's have a 600w plate dissipation. Sounds
good to me !

Replies, information etc welcomed. If any of you guys are coming to
the RSGB HF convention at the beginning of September, would some extra
luggage be a problem ? Do Email me if you can help please.

73
Ron