YTAD

Subject: YTAD
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Thu Aug 17 23:31:44 1995
Hi Fellow contesters,

I downloaded the YTAD program (by n6bv) from the
arrl bbs - it is kinda neat.  So much so that I went
out last night and bought a few topo maps.

I was wondering - I looked in the ON4UN Low band DXing book
for conductivities and dielectric constants. This is the
only book I have that had anything in it about this. (page 5-4)

Can someone tell me how the two numbers relate to how
good the soil is?

ie.
surface type            dielectric constant     Conductivity(mS/m)

Fresh water               80                        1.0
Salt water                81                     5000.0
Pastoral (dallas)         20                       30.0

The station that I operate from is on the edge of a large
lake - and the profile in about 2/3 rds of the directions
is very easy to get off the map. (can you say FLAT)

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.