naqp score rumors

Subject: naqp score rumors
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon Aug 21 08:15:04 1995
Send your NAQP scores to me.   geoiii@bga.com

I will post the first list this afternoon.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.

From: Marijan Miletic <s56a@ljutcp.hamradio.si> (Marijan Miletic)
Subject: Silent Beverages

Frank, W3LPL in his excellent posting on phased Beverages shows convincingly
that we should use 80m for 3.5-4 MHz band.  I only wish he used meters for his
recommended Beverage lenghts as I always assumed they should be multiple of
wavelength.  However, 580 feet comes to about 175 meters which is littlebit
longer than full wavelength.  What generates "cone of silence" for this exact
antenna length?  I remember visiting famous UK reception site long time ago
and they were using very long Beverages as they needed to hear "what the BY's
had to say to UA's" in their own cold war words!  The lowest HF BC band was
around 5 MHz but when you think of it, there was not much QRM from the back!
73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.