NAQP SSB - N5RZ

Subject: NAQP SSB - N5RZ
From: N5RZ@aol.com (N5RZ@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 17:29:47 1995
N5RZ  NAQP SSB  Aug 19-20, 1995    Name:  Gator   QTH: TX

Single Op

 BAND   Raw QSOs      Mults

  160SSB       3                3
   80SSB      36               14
   40SSB     162              43
   20SSB     325              51
   15SSB       0                 0
   10SSB       2                 2

 Totals      528                 113    =   59,664   4.5 hours operating time

This was a bit of fun. Some incredible rates - guess being "fresh meat"
helps!  Too bad the station wasn't put together!  Was working on my EME
switching when the contest started & just listened to some loud sigs on 10M,
but didn't tune much.   I have my WX0B switch box down now, so hooked the TH6
Stack together (105' over 65') with a T-connector & connected to one port of
the switchbox, and the KT34XA at 75' on a separate tower to another port.
 The match was good so I put the high TH6 at 300 deg, low fixed at 45 deg &
XA about 80 deg.  No switching was hooked up, so all three antennas were
always "in".

First hour on 20M was 143, then QRT for chores; the antenna spray really
seemed to keep the freq clear & my 150W felt real loud! .  Back on to the 20M
bottomless pit late afternoon with continued good rate,0  then  QRT agn for
XYL's spaghetti dinner (MMMMMM).  Went to 40M about 30 min. B4 sunset with
402CD @ 112' to NE.  First hour there was 126.

CQ'ed occaissionally on 10M & 15M but no activity when I tried.

Made all 80M & 160M qso's with 80M sloper system tuned for CW.  SWR about 6:1
on 3.820 & unmentionable on 160M  - N0AXL & KK9V have GOOD ears on top band!!
 Had to call VZL for several minutes to get his attention on that band & he
is only 200 miles away!!    Hmmmmm  maybe this phone contesting ain't so bad
----  HUSH!!!   CU in the code sprint & on the moon!!

73,  Gator   N5RZ   ---------------------------;--;<<   N5RZ@aol.com