sign of things to come?

Subject: sign of things to come?
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 19:33:03 1995
IARU Region 1 (Europe and Africa mostly) adopted rules several years ago for
European contests that encouraged people to avoid the lower 5-10 KHz of
80-40-20 CW (only) I think.  This was not adopted by the IARU as a whole.

73 Tom

PS.  Is contest QRM ever really a problem on CW for non-contesters, or is it
90%+ an issue for SSB contests?  I know that sometimes the qrp and
county-hunter folks feel stepped on during the biggest CW contests, and I
suppose the digital folks that are creeping down the band are also looking
for more qrm-free space, but it seems like "joe ham" that gets annoyed is
mostly on 20M SSB and to a lesser extent on 75M SSB.

Maybe the solution for the tough problem on 20M SSB is to move the lower
limit for the USA phone band down to 14110 (and 7100, and 3700) ...  There
aren't many Novice or Tech+ operators in the 80/40 Novice bands these days...

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444