New Radios

Subject: New Radios
From: W8FN@aol.com (W8FN@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 21:21:27 1995
G4BUO sez:

>but they could include bandpass
>filters for the ham bands which were bypassed on general coverage receive.

Hell, they don't even give you the jacks to put **your own** bandpass filters
in the circuit! First thing I did to my FT-1000 was put it face down on the
bench and drill two holes for RCA jacks to interrupt the coax line between
the T/R relay and the receiver front end so I could switch in my trusty
bandpass filters, as well as switch different receive antennas in and out.
Omission of such a simple thing is inexcusable on a contest-grade
radio!Looking at a friend's TS-850, I see it has the same problem. Guess
we're all supposed to go out and buy commercial filters like the ICE and
Dunestar. NOT!

Randy, W8FN
w8fn@aol.com