KF4BTH (yuk) results

Subject: KF4BTH (yuk) results
From: KM9P@aol.com (KM9P@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 21:29:56 1995
Never 100w again folks.  The Sprint is a QRO contest from Georgia.  My hat's
off to AA4GA who always does it low power.  20m from here at 00Z is the pits.
 70% of the Qs are back scatter.  At 100w, it's impossible to work these back
scatter QSOs.

Saturday summary:

4:30am:  Wake up and make the 1.5 hour trip to the mountain contest QTH.
Saturday:  Raise the 402CD to 115' by myself.  Solder all of the connectors
on the two 15m towers.  Other misc. junk.
7:30pm:  Arrive at N4RJ after grabbing a Guido-Burritto at the Loganville
quick-stop store.
8:00pm:  Start... sorta.
12:00pm:  Couldn't turn off the radio fast enough.

KF4BTH turned out to be harder than I thought it would be to send.  Many
mistakes sending it.  Putting LOTS-O-SPACE in the call and the name helped.
 Beat up fingers from tower work didn't help.

80         69
40         86
20         38
T         193         39     7,527

If it would increase participation... I think a 100w box for the Sprint is a
great idea.  If it doesn't change participation, then what's the point?

73