EWE VS BEVERAGE

Subject: EWE VS BEVERAGE
From: WR34SHE@shell.com (WR34SHE@shell.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 10:33:06 1995
FROM: SAM EFFINGER  K9SD
SUBJECT: EWE VS BEVERAGE
I put up a EWE antenna and I also am constantly comparing it against the
other guys on the cluster who have beverages and it's my opinion that
a EWE is better than nothing but at no time compares to a beverage.

There are lots of variables and this may factor in but I am comparing
to guys with beverages laying in drainage ditches who hear better.

I even checked the sensitivity of my receiver just to make sure it wasn't
a problem on my end...

For a guy who lives on a city lot 100x120 and wants to have a receive antenna
on 160 then the EWE is the only choice..but make no mistake there is no
free lunch and a EWE can't compare to a beverage...in my opinion...

We are in the process of buying a house with 12 acres attached (if our house
sells) I go to sleep at night planning tower locations..I plan to put up as
many towers as I can and beverages like spokes on a wheel. I figure I am
49 years old and what am I waiting on....I am eating my desert first from now
on.....

hope this helps and thanks to all the guys who have put their thoughts on
towers and guying on the reflector..

Are there any guys who have the new Orion rotator2800p bought in the last
4 months...I have one and wanted to compare notes...not up yet but will be
soon..

thanks

Sam Effinger K9SD

                      "MR SAFETY"