IC775DSP - Display Model?

Subject: IC775DSP - Display Model?
From: jnichols@ednet1.osl.or.gov (John D. Nicholson)
Date: Mon Sep 25 17:53:01 1995

Thought some of you CONTESTER'S might get a chuckle out of this
true story...

Saturday I made the plunge and drove up to HRO Portland to buy
their last remaining new-in-the-box IC-775DSP rig. I commented
to my xyl Patty KB7KUD that we were lucky to get the last boxed
one and not the demo on display. On our way home, she looked intently at
the side of the box and then blurted out "They sold us the display
model!". Puzzled, I asked how she got that idea; then she pointed to
where someone had marked on the box with a felt pen -- sure,
enough, there it was: DSP MODEL   :)

---

If you're wondering, Patty now knows what the DSP stands for...and we
are having a ball. The radio is SUPER! It'll take a day or two to
get the DSP settings where I want them...many choices on rx/tx relating
to high and low pass setting, i.e., 1.5 - 2.9Khz and 80 - 500hz...it's
great to be able to tailor the cutoffs you may want for just the
right sound...even the Noise Reduction circuit seems to perform
admirably to a point; I don't have any heavy noise to begin with but you
can eliminate quite a bit of the noise floor before it begins to
chop up the received audio too much...

On cw IT IS RAZOR Sharp...

---

73s John K7FD

PS - If you're surfin' around, check out my web page...

      http://www.teleport.com/~k7fd