LOOKING FOR W5XZ

Subject: LOOKING FOR W5XZ
From: K5GA@aol.com (K5GA@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 11:47:48 1995
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Danny W5XZ ?

I think he is in Longview or Marshall, Tx.

Any phone numbers, friends, or e-mail address???

Thanks,

Bill  K5GA

From: s974878@umslvma.umsl.edu (Audio/Visual Helper) (Audio/Visual Helper)
Subject: more on guywires and insulators

        The only sure way to prevent guy wire interaction is this:  Make
your sections less than 1/4 wave of the highest frequency you will be using
on that tower.  Yes, that's a lot of insulators , but my tests show no
interaction when using this method.  I still had interaction when using
supposedly non-resonant lengths that were beyond 1/4 wave.
        Of course phillystran is the alternative and probably cheaper when
compared to breaking the guys at less than 1/4 wave for say 10 meters.  I
have had no experience with the bead method but it should work also.

Bill Thomas - KC9AL

                *
               * *
              *****