Claimed score CQWW RTTY Contest PI4COM

Subject: Claimed score CQWW RTTY Contest PI4COM
From: norf@euronet.nl (Rob Snieder PA3ERC)
Date: Fri Sep 29 18:31:33 1995
1,104,357    1046   2687   120   214   77

Multi-Single, High power

Rob Snieder PA3ERC

member of Contestgroup Oude Maas PI4COM/PA6WPX

Internet e-mail : norf@euronet.nl
Packet Radio    : PA3ERC@PI8MBQ
PacketCluster   : PA3ERC > PI8DXC

From: Greg Becker <gb546@bard.edu> (Greg Becker)

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995 reisert@eng.pko.dec.com wrote:

> > I can understand your concern, Jim, and Trey's as well. However, there
> > have been two occasions in the past two months where I have send queries
> > to both the mailing list AND left a message on the BBS. In neither case
> > did I receive a reply/answer. Since the "acceptable" support channels
> > were not functioning, I had no choice but to resort to a post on
> > cq-contest (where I received multiple replies almost instantly).
>
> That may be true, but CT-USER should be the FIRST avenue of help, not
> CQ-CONTEST.

I agree completely (assuming, of course, that's in keeping with Trey's
thinking on the subject), but when there's NO response whatsoever from
CT-USER, the BBS, etc., I'm not going to sit around and hope an answer
falls from the sky. Interesting point - why is it OK to ask questions
about COntest Voice Blasters on CQ-CONTEST, but not about CT?

73, Greg

Greg Becker NA2N
gb546@bard.edu