Grounding Towers In Rocky Terrain

Subject: Grounding Towers In Rocky Terrain
From: K2WK@aol.com (K2WK@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 4 21:19:35 1995
>Hi Walt...
>Call PolyPhaser immediately (look in CQ / QST ) and order their booklet...
It >gives exact instructions on using copper foil for mountain top towers to
establish >a ground...
>It would take me several thousand words to describe... You don't have to buy
>their products... You can get copper, roof flashing in rolls and slit it
into 3 inch >ribbons for the grounding radials....
>The basics are that the sharp edges of the strips act like corona inducers
and >spark onto the rocks/ground, dissipating the charge over a wider
area..Don't >worry about the coating on the copper as the bare edges are the
important >point....

>Denny

Denny, thanx for the extremely valuable tip.  I won't bother cleaning
the oxidized surface of the flashing I'm getting.

Funny thing, but Polyphaser sells a copper cleaning kit, that includeds
nothing more than a piece of sandpaper (though its not sand but some other
material) and a 4 oz. can of their copper goop and some towlettes for
cleaning your dainty little fingers. All for the amazing price of abt $25.95!

BTW, I just ordered the book and found out  that  they do offer hams a 10%
discount on thier "column 1" prices, i.e. orders under $300.  No such
discount exists over $300, however. Nice to see a company cooperating with
the
ham fraternity (gee is that PC? maybe its frater/soror-ity).

                                              73 de Walt - K2WK

                             73 & THANX!  de Walt - K2WK