Rad Shack DSP

Subject: Rad Shack DSP
From: genunn@mmm.com (genunn@mmm.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 11:21:28 1995

> I saw a bunch of traffic recently (within the past few months) about the
> Radio Shack DSP unit, but can't find anything in my archives.
>
> Local store has them on clearance - any comments for use on the
> second/S&P contest radio? I have an IC-725, which doesn't have the best
> filtering...

I've had one for a few months and like it a lot.  My IC-701 also has leaves
something to be desired in terms of filters.  This little DSP helps me a lot
on CW.  I haven't done enough SSB to judge its usefulness there, other than
to say it does a great job of elliminating carriers.

Overall, it was well worth the $50 I paid.

73,
Greg AA0XZ

--

Greg Nunn