3500-Z Summary

Subject: 3500-Z Summary
From: Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM (Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 14 09:49:00 1995

     Jim KC8MK wrote:

     >QRO will never help a LID like you!

     >If I were you, I would give up Ham Radio and take up needlepoint!

     >Long time no see.

     >KC8MK

     Thanks, Jim. Good to hear from you.

     Steve, WD8IXE wrote:

     >Go with a 3CX10000 or better.

     Steve, I am saving that for retirement in Nitro, West Virginia

     Seriously though, I placed a call to RF Parts in San Marcos, Ca; the
     gentleman I spoke to there told me that the 3-500ZG tube is basically
     a drop in replacement for the standard 3-500Z tube. The only
     significant difference between the tubes appears to be price and plate
     dissipation, the ZG claims to deliver 100 additional watts of plate
     dissipation per tube. They are sending me some data sheets, when I get
     them I let you folks know if I find any caveats to the ZG (lower MTBF,
     etc.) that this guy didn't tell me about.

     Sorry that I can't tell you more. Guess the comical nature of my
     original post was a deterrent for some of those of more sober and
     serious demeanor than myself who might have contributed hard technical
     data.

     73 All de Mike, AD4VH

     mike.tope@sciatl.com