40-meter SSB intruders in CW band

Subject: 40-meter SSB intruders in CW band
From: k0od@MO.NET (k0od@MO.NET)
Date: Mon Oct 16 21:08:39 1995
   In addition to those Indonesian pirates, I hear Central American SSB
stations most days on 7.003 Mhz around 1200-1400Z. They are quite loud in
the US Midwest. I have heard them sign XE and YS amateur calls in
Spanish. Anyone know whether these stations are operating legally? They
wipe out some of our most useful DX frequencies.
       Jeff K0OD  St. Louis, MO  USA
            e-mail:   k0od@mo.net