Bandpass Filter Control

Subject: Bandpass Filter Control
From: Jastaples@aol.com (Jastaples@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 15:00:13 1995
I've asked this question on what I thought was the NA Reflector but got no
answers. (Is there really an NA Reflector?) Perhaps some one can help.

I have managed to get N6TR's software to control (via LPT) the Top Ten
Devices decoder switching a Dunestar BPF on the output of my Yaesu. The BCD
information is on pins
2,7,8 & 9.  All seems to work as expected.

My question is about the use of NA to provide the BCD output to the Top Ten
Box. Do I simply use LPT pins 2,3,4 & 5 when running NA? Or is there more to
it?  No mention is made in either the Top Ten manual or the Dunestar manual.
I hope to get any answer before attempting to build yet another
cable/adapter. (Did anyone ever tally up the number of separate cables,
connectors, adapters, etc. that "computers" have added to the "radio station"
....and they call this wireless!)

Also, my Ver. 8 CT manual says nothing about controlling switches via LPT
port. Yet Top Ten says the feature appeared with Ver. 8.38....so CT Ver. 8.52
ought to do it. If so how do I enable the feature when use CT?

Any help would be appreciated. PLEASE direct relpies to me, NOT the
Reflector. Tnx!

73, Joe W5ASP
jasstaples@aol.com