K8AZ M/S Score WW SSB

Subject: K8AZ M/S Score WW SSB
From: Nzharps@aol.com (Nzharps@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 20:30:34 1995
K8AZ CQWW SSB 1995

  Mult/Single:

  160      32    12     28   (Vert. and 3 beverages)
    80    243    21     75   (Force 12 2-L @135', Dipoles, Bevs)
    40    171    31     85  (402CD's stacked @ 140/65, 402CD @ 70')
    20    852    39    137 (5/5, 4/4)
    15    982    30    132 (6/6, 5/5)
    10      79    13      32  (7/7)
___________________
         2359   146    489      4.149meg

  Operators:  K8AZ, K8BL, K8NZ, W8KIC, WT8C.

  Radio Devices:  IC-765's (3) and IC-775 (1)
                          Misc.  Amps

  Comment:
      The AZ gang operated under a severe handicap this year.  The
crew had a serious case of World Series hangover.  Most of the
guys are sports nuts. We have several season ticket holders, a
high school coach and a station owner whose law office has a view
of Cleveland's new stadium. It seemed as though we expended so
 much emotional energy cheering on the "Tribe" that we had little left for
CQWW.  Our usual "cast of thousands" approach to M/S,
was depleted in vigor and numbers.

     The contest itself was a huge suprise to those of us that did
operate.  The low bands were hit with high QRN levels both nights,
but the off-season addition of a new 80m yagi made that band the
hit of the weekend.  This was our first encounter with running EU
on 75m...what a rush!  The only downer on this band was using the
new IC-775 with no advance time to learn much more than the
most basic functions of this FB radio.

     The higher bands produced unexpected good openings.  We had
reasonable rate to JA saturday evening and excellent EU both days
on 15m.  20m was about as expected.  We were surprised to get
 zones 14 and15 on 10m saturday.  Our one unanswered question of the
weekend:Where was zone 22????

     We are looking forward to WW CW next month...CU in the piles.

     73 from the gang at AZ,

      Ron, K8NZ