Tilde ~ Woes on CW...

Subject: Tilde ~ Woes on CW...
From: jnichols@ednet1.osl.or.gov (John D. Nicholson)
Date: Tue Oct 31 08:37:21 1995

Since CONTESTER's are a cut above, can anyone tell me what the
morse code equivalent is for the tilde ~ symbol? When I am giving
my web page address on cw, I come to a screeching halt when I come
to that ~ ! Any help on this one?

Re: last two letters; it's a good deal for those guys with alphabet
soup calls. Makes a level playing field in the pileups...short calls
have an unfair advantage, that's a fact. Now if we just limited
everyone to a dipole no higher than 40' and 100 watts out... :)

Re: IC775DSP in CQWW; I had fun with mine. Had to go to work at
4am Sunday morning, so sorta cut into my plans...

73 - 'FD (You'll have to guess the rest of the letters)

John

Clue: try looking at http://www.teleport.com/~k7fd