SS CW Score - KS9K

Subject: SS CW Score - KS9K
From: N0bsh@aol.com (N0bsh@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 9 10:37:12 1995
1995 SS CW

Call:  KS9K  (N0BSH, op.)
Section:  Wisconsin
Category:  Single-op,  High power,  24 hours

Breakdown:    80:  236
              40:  838
              20:  149
              15:   16
                  ----
       Total      1239  x  77  =  190,806

Equipment:  FT1000MP x 2
            Monoband 8877 x 4
            TRLog 5.51

Antennas:  15: 5/5/5/5  @  33/66/99/132'
           20: 5/5/5/5  @  42/84/126/168'
           40: 3/3  @   84/168';  2 el @ 110'
           80: slopers x 2

Great time!!  Good condx, good activity!

First time in years as single-op, high power for me and I guess
now I know what I've been missing.  40 was the energizer band -
it kept going and going and going....  Probably over half the 20M
Qs were S&P via the 2nd radio.  Never could get any decent kind
of run going there.  15 was only good for a few 6s/7s and KP2.
But then KP2BH called in on 40 Sunday night anyway.

Missed VE8 (but worked VY1 - see below) Found VY1JA on 14.002
Sunday afternoon.  This was especially gratifying since I had
just spent the previous 30 minutes watching the Packers being
taken apart by the Vikings. :-(  (Yes, I worked Jay right after
an off-time - on the 2nd radio...)

Thanks to everyone for the Qs!

Special thanks to Paul KS9K and Chad WE9V for the opportunity and for having
the station ready to rock 'n roll right from the
start.  Muchas gracias mi amigos!!

73  Mike  N0BSH
n0bsh@aol.com

** Sidebar **:  I've seen a lot of guys saying how they missed
VE8.  It reminds me of something VY1CW wrote in the NCJ back in
the early 80s.  In that letter he said how he would tune past
the people pleading for VE8 because he was not a VE8 - he was
a VY1!  Picky?  Yes.  But maybe something to think about for SSB.
(I usually just call CQ SS cuz I want others to call too, even
if I am looking for a VE8/VY1.)