Revised QSO Rates..

Subject: Revised QSO Rates..
From: ki3v@connectus.com (ki3v@connectus.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 05:02:35 1995
Thanks to all who directed me to the location of the QRATE files....

Here are my revised rates....

SS 1994 Phone   Hr of 2204  191 Q/hr
SS 1992 Phone   Hr of 2202  187 Q/hr
SS 1995 CW       Hr of 2203  104 Q/Hr

See Ya!    Rich  KI3V/7

Richard Hallman               ki3v@connectus.com
11870 Heartpine St
Reno Nv  89506               ki3v@w7ta.#nonev.nv

From: beaton@wintermute.co.uk (Alastair Beaton) (Alastair Beaton)
Subject: QSLs Deter Contest Operation

As a contest "minnow" it amazes me the bucket loads of QSLs I get even after
a brief contest appearance. Most are these automatically-generated
sticky-label types, and I'm sorry, but life's too short to sit down and
write out cards or laser labels for these.

I get a card which says PSE QSL FOR (some) AWARD then I do quite happily.
And I always QSL direct if I get an IRC or a buck.

Perhaps a lot of QSL refusal problems would go away if people stopped
generating billions and billions of spurious QSLs just to celebrate that
they are on the air. Only send a QSL if you REALLY need a reply. Who knows,
maybe ARRL and RSGB sub fees would fall if they didn't have to spend so much
on postage...

73
Al, GM4BAP

P.S. Can anyone confirm or deny an old rumour here. In the former U.S.S.R.
did QSLs count towards license upgrades, electronic spares or points towards
a new Lada or Yugo? We always presumed they must, on account of how many we
received.