Continuous Quality improvement

Subject: Continuous Quality improvement
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 11:59:04 1995
Rikki - 4X4NJ....
>I had a lot of trouble with their "conductive paste" supplied with the
>KT34A.  It appears as though they supply copperbased paste to use on
>aluminum (ugh), although they claim it is based upon another conductive
>medium.

 I saw the copper sheen in their little tub of paste and chose to use it,
 NOT ... I used PENETROX (tm) for all connections, liberally gooped.. used 6
ounces!!!
In a previous lifetime I was involved in plant engineering for an  automobile
manufacturing corporation... The electrical gang used Penetrox (tm) in the
gallon pail variety... A sharp penciled purchasing agent chose to save the
corporation money and bought a 'generic' brand.... It only took me a month
and many tens of thousands of dollars in labor, materials, and lost
production, to undo the damage.... I've been very particular about my choice
of goop, since.... I will say, that goop failure on high voltage bus bars,
carrying a thousand amperes, results in an impressive light show, along with
explosive sprays of molten copper...

Cheers  ...  Denny      k8do@aol.com