TS-930 and 2nd Antenna

Subject: TS-930 and 2nd Antenna
From: aa2du@netcom.com (aa2du@netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 11:11:27 1995
>In case anyone has been inspired by my question about using a separate
>receive antenna with the TS-930s, be forewarned:

snip

>However, the 8-pin DIN plug that mates with this jack is
>apparently NOT the same as the Radio Shack 8-pin DIN.

For informational purposes, I ran into a similar problem with my FT-1000d
when I attempted to plug my Top-10 Devices switcjing box into the
"band-data" port on the back of the radio. Apparently, this is the same
type of 8 pin plug that Pete is talking about.  Yaesu will gladly sell
them to you for about 1.50 apiece, and I bought a handful. It is so nice
to have so many "standards" to choose from!!

73, J.P.

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU  ARRL CAC hudson Div. Rep.
E-mail:              aa2du@netcom.com
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

It's not a bug...It's a feature!