Is the OMNI VI really that good?

Subject: Is the OMNI VI really that good?
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 09:46:48 1995
Psst Ken,
Let me fill you in on this.....  Just between us...

I have an Omni VI and I am competing in the same contests that you
operate....

Please, please, please, don't get an Omni VI... Get any other rig than
that... I am on my knees and I beseech you... Don't buy an Omni VI... Buy
anything else... An Icom, or a Kenwood, or a Yahoo, or an old Atlas 350... Or
a Hallicrafters... Or, how about a nice deal on an FT One, huh?..... Maybe a
Collins S-line?... I can get it for you wholesale, even... But don't destroy
your whole life by getting an Omni VI... You won't be happy... You will be
miserable...Your fillings will loosen...You will get grey hair and a sagging
waistline...The QSL bureau will lose all your cards.... Your wife will take
up CB, good buddy...Your car won't start on cold mornings...
Just think, for  4 grand and change, you can have a rig with a silly scope,
uhhh sorry, make that an oscilloscope, on the front panel...Your friends will
be so impressed...Please buy one... better yet, get two.......

Just remember

DON"T GET AN OMNI VI IF YOU ARE COMPETING AGAINST ME!   :(

Got it?

Denny....            k8do@aol.com

&%^#@! advertising manager... wait'll I get my hands on him....

From: I2UIY <pcortese@mbox.vol.it> (I2UIY)
Subject: I3MAU is Silent Key

We will listen no longer to his loud voice, especially on low bands.
I'm very sad to communicate that our friend Renzo, I3MAU, passed away
tonight. He was just over 56yrs old.
The contest community missed a great friend. Our sympathy goes to his
wife Pierina (I3AWP) and to his daughters.
Good bye, Renzo.

de Paolo, I2UIY

[ ] Paolo Cortese, I2UIY / N7PMC / OK8AFL
[ ] P. O. Box 14 - 27043 Broni (PV) Italy
[ ] Phone 0039-385-53203
[ ] A.R.I. HF Contest Manager
[ ] Email: PCORTESE@MBOX.VOL.IT