160m & math

Subject: 160m & math
From: JGellerRVZ@aol.com (JGellerRVZ@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 15:24:44 1995
>> Phil K6EID <phil.finkle@sid.net> wrote:
> > >160 has 2 full megahertz of bandwidth.
>> >
>> N0DH wrote:
>> > UHH last time I checked it was  1.2MHZ (1.8 to 2.0)

and Waldemar, DL7ANQ replied:

>2.0 MHz = 2,000,000 Hz
>1.8 MHz = 1,800,000 Hz

>2.0Mhz - 1.8 Mhz = 2,000,000 - 1,800,000 = 200,000 Hz = 0.2 MHz

>(I've done it without a dask calculator, did both of you use ol'
>pentium chips?????

It really "hertz" to know that EXTRA-CLASS hams can't do simple mathematics.
 This could be the reason those Pentiums don't work:
*We can't add or subtract simple two digit numbers, never mind
those complex calculations!!*  It's amazing the Shuttle even gets
off the ground, isn't it??  Also, must be the reason Agent 007
chose a German car instead of an American car this time around!

If Phil is still living in Georgia, fitting punishment for
failing the math test should be to relinquish his left-coast call
for a 4th district call. As for N0DH, well just being a Zero is
punishment enough!  :-)

73- Jeff N6RVZ             "IT'S ONLY A HOBBY"