CQWW CW KK5EP

Subject: CQWW CW KK5EP
From: KK5EP@aol.com (KK5EP@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 21:10:47 1995
KK5EP  Single Op, Low Power, Unassisted.

          QSOs   QPts   Zones   Countries
          =========================

10        1          3          1          1      =  6

15        100       315      16        37     =  16695

20        110       289      20        52     =  20808

40        80         215      19        35     =  11610

80        20         28        8          8      =   448

160      2           0          1          1      =   0

Total Score = 49,567

Rig: Ten Tec Omni 5
Ant: Force 12 C3 @ 50ft, Halfsquare for 40 mtrs at 70 ft, Dipole for 160 & 80
@ 80 ft.

I had a much more enjoyable time with this contest than the phone portion
last month, largely in part due to the fact that I like CW better.  I also
had my antennas up and working and consequently was able to work 40 mtrs this
time.  The halfsquare worked great, thanks for all of the helpful comments
concerning this antenna.  This was my first effort at contesting on CW, I put
in about 15 hours total.  I had to work all day Sunday, a fact which caused
me no small amount of  anger & resentment.  Hopefully I'll be independently
wealthy late in life, I think that being found in a non-living state at my
rig AFTER CQWW CW in about the year 2025 or 2030 would be a perfect way to
go.  I'll send in my scores just before I draw my last breath, of course.  I
used a memory keyer and paddle and all logging was done on paper.  I hope to
learn the CT program sometime in 1996 well enough to use it and also plan on
learning how to type!   Adrenaline Highpoint:  Working A92Q on 15 Saturday
morning and  TY5A on 3 bands!!!   Widest Range of Emotion: Having TY5A answer
my CQ on 80 mtrs Sat. night and a little while later experiencing disgust and
nausea over the probability of someone's piracy at my naive expense.  I would
like to send a special "Thank You" to Ray Rocker, WQ5L, for his  comments,
suggestions, and advice.  Murphy stayed away, the XYL went shopping, and I
thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Already thinking up improvements for next year.
73, Mike  KK5EP.