UR CALL PSE

Subject: UR CALL PSE
From: albraun@socketis.net (albraun@socketis.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 01:37:44 1995
To: Takao Kumagai - je1cka@dumpty.nal.gov.jp

Concerning your comments about not responding to (or removing from
the log) people who ask you for fills on YOUR call when you are
running a frequency during a contest:

1. Some stations (e.g.WH6X/6Y5 in the recent CQWW) send their calls
so fast that even skilled CW operators have trouble copying them.
There were several incorrect spots on our local packet cluster on
this station, including one posted by a station on the DXCC CW
honor roll!

2. Many stations identify so infrequently that a S&P station has to
either waste a lot of time waiting for an ID, work them and risk a
dupe, or just pass them by.  Usually I just pass them by.

Would you like to work a lot of dupes, or have a lot of people like
me bypass you and thus lose the points from working us?  If so,
the method you discuss in your note is GUARANTEED to work!

Just a couple of thoughts from someone on the S&P end - not meant
to be a flame!

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *