UR CALL PSE?

Subject: UR CALL PSE?
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 17:02:14 1995
In a message dated 95-11-28 19:47:05 EST, I wrote:

>>Thanks for the post, Tack.... I agree completely...  I send my call at the
>>end of every separate contact... and I send your call   < plus the
exchange,
>>of course >  when I work you, which is a requirement of our FCC
>>regulations... which is TOTALLY ignored by most of the big gun stations I
>>listened to...

OK... one last time on this thread... and, I'm here to tell ya that eating
crow leaves a bad, bad aftertaste...  I got a half dozen emails to the effect
that my position on this regulation is wrong...  (not a flamer in the bunch,
can ya believe...)  Well, I'm never completely WRONG, maybe just a little
enthusiastic at times... So, I whipped around and jerked my copy of part 97
off the shelf, a bit tattered and dog eared since 1963, but still legible...
sure enough, I am 100% american, red necked, Right!....
Still, a slight tinkle of doubt entered my mind, mostly because the emails on
this topic were so courteous -  like in dealing with a slightly retarded
child, hmmm?....  OK, there is just the faintest, one in a billion gazillion
chance, that the friendly candy company has made a slight mod or two in 32
years... ( part 97 is not high on my bed time reading list  :)  Soooo, I
zipped off a call to the ultimate shrine of hamdom, personal radio
division... They were very, very polite - like in dealing with a slightly
retarded child...

"Yes, that was correct, but the regulations have been changed.".....
oh, really.... when?...
"Not that long ago... Maybe 18 or 20 years."....< i detected a slight
snicker>
so, what is the current regulation for non 3rd party communications?
"You must identify on the initial transmission, at the end of the final
transmission of a series , and at least every ten minutes inbetween, so our
monitoring stations can identify you"...
ummm, what about identifying the other station?
"That is his problem, not yours."...
and that's it?...
"That's it."

So, that's it... baked crow, very dry, with a sprinkle of alum...  I just may
have to get a NEW part 97 to see what other delicious recipes for baked crow
are contained therein...

QRZ CONTEST.... guess who, if you can...