ARRL 160 results

Subject: ARRL 160 results
From: PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov (PEMS_ST_DK@noeca.ohio.gov)
Date: Sun Dec 3 17:49:15 1995
This was fun!!!  A local friend, John-N8RFK has recently become contest infected
He worked 73 qsos in CQWW on 160 ONLY LOW POWER! So, he says you want to play
ARRL 160 ?  I says YES.
results
NI8G multi
938 Qsos, 71 sections,12 countries=total score 160,439.

Equipment; Ten-Tec Omni VI and Centurion amp on 110 fer 1000 watts out.
Antennas:inverted 1 1/8 L (90 up and 400something over) beverages in 8 dir-
ections.
Operators:Tom,NI8G-Dave,KF8TM-John,N8RFK-Dan,W8CAR (N8RFK owns the Tentec
gear)

Comments:I started on 1821 and had best ever 160 hours with 90 and 80.
TNX to Tom, NI8G for use of his fine Antenna system (it deservess to be capit
alized!) KF8TM and N8RFKare 'newbie' contestors and boy do they love it!!!
Omni VI lives up to its rep and then some-I used a 775 on 80 in WW and the
Omni rcvr is almost the same. (having beverages hlped)

The window was observed more than I have ever noticed it and I'm not turning
in names-let's just do it BETTER for CQWW160!
HIGHLIGHTS:Finally finding kindred souls locally who are nuts enough to
contest.  Being called by EU while CQing (tns G3LXS!) Best 160 rate ever.
Probably the best thing is 3 really nest people are HOOKED on contesting.
NI8G has a really KB ant system fer 160 and TNX to him for sharing and allowing
us to invade his QTH.
Questions ;Where was KN8Z ?*
So. who is collecting scores ?
*  W8CAR pems_st_dk@noeca.ohio.gov                                 *
*  Dan Kovatch                                                     *
*  Antennas are the key - BUT an ALPHA sure doesn't hurt!          *