ARRL 160M results

Subject: ARRL 160M results
From: jend@midway.uchicago.edu (Gerard Jendraszkiewicz)
Date: Mon Dec 4 13:03:12 1995
Callsign used: KE9I
Class/Power:   Single operator U/A: High power
Section:       IN

Qso total: 1093
Sections:    73
DX Mults:    16
Total MUlts: 89

Final Score: 204,166

Equipment: Yaesu FT-1000D, Drake L-4B
Ants TX:   60' shunt fed tower, dipole.
Ants RX:   232' beverages NE/NW, phased loops (3) per QST article

Comments: The first night was spectacular. I worked more EU in one
night than in the last 10 years !! (30 stations in all). This may not
seem like a lot but when you get used of working 1 or 2 per test, this
night was like hitting the jackpot ! All of the EU stns called me also
! This was a first too !! Worked about 800 stns the first night.

The second night, not too good, no EU, but there was some SA/Carib
activity for a few more extra mults. The second night was slow as
Saturdays go with rates never topping 40 all night. I missed KL7, PAC,
VI and VE8. Heard JA7NI with a good signal Sunday morning but could not
work him.

Objections: While working slow/weak stations some one would jump on the
frequency and start calling CQ. Do they listen before calling ?? Stayed
out of the DX window the whole test except to work a few mults. Heard
many calling in the window and lots of "Window police".

Conclusion: All in all a very good contest, my personal best score and
the best EU of all time ! Had a ball ! I'll be back next year with
better RX ants.

73 Jerry, KE9I

jend@midway.uchicago.edu