ANTENNA TOWERS AND REGULATIONS: HELP!

Subject: ANTENNA TOWERS AND REGULATIONS: HELP!
From: Ai7b@teleport.com (Ai7b@teleport.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 02:54:07 1995
        HELLO JOHN....SAME PROBLEMS HERE IN THE STATES...UNFORTUNATELY
        THE ARRL SEEMS TO HAVE LITTLE INTEREST IN ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE.
        FCC PRB-1 IS A JOKE AND EASILY DEFEATED IN LAND USE CASES.  I SUFFERED
        THRU A 3YR BATTLE WITH WASHINGTON COUNTY IN OREGON.  THEY SPENT
        UNTOLD KILO BUCKS OF TAX PAYERS MONEY AND CUD NOT EVEN AGREE ON
        A SET OF REGS.....I GAVE UP AND MOVED TO A MORE FRIENDLY/REMOTE
        COUNTY IN CENTRAL OREGON AND AM ONCE AGAIN REBUILDING!!

        THE ARRL IS INDIFFERENT TO TWR/LAND USE ISSUES.  THEY WUD RATHER
        PROMOTE QRP AND THE MERITS OF ATTIC ANTENNAS ALONG WITH THE
        PUBLICATIONS BUSNIESS.  I BELIEVE US HAMS ARE UNDER GREAT PRESSURE
        IN THIS AREA AND ARE LOSING MORE BATTLES THAN THEY ARE WINNING.
        LONG TERM IT WILL FURTHER REDUCE OUR NUMBERS.  THE ONLY REAL HOPE
        I SEE IS IN THE POLITICAL ARENA WHERE THE WHOLE ISSUE OF PERSONL
        PROPERTY RIGHTS IS SLOWLY BEING ADDRESSED BY THE CONSERVATIVE
        MOVMENT HERE IN THE STATES.  UNFORTUNATELY, PROGRESS IS SLOWER
        THEN SUN SPOT CYCLE!!

        THIS INTERNET MODE IS OK BUT IT WILL NEVER REPLACE WKING U ON 160!!!

        GOOD LUCK DE BRAVO, AI7B   PS: SEASONS BEST