FT1000MP and CT

Subject: FT1000MP and CT
From: g3ozf@mayerin.demon.co.uk (Donald F Beattie)
Date: Fri Dec 15 16:13:45 1995
I read KT6V's comments on the FT1000MP with interest. I have had one
here for two months, and used it in CQWW SSB. I thoroughly agree with
Tom's comments, and have found the MP a significant improvement (in
every respect except output power) over the FT1000D here. In
particular, the receiver is a significant improvement.

The only issue where I have a problem is with the interface to the CAT
drive from CT. It works fine unless you turn on the RIT. Then the read
frequency on the computer goes mad - it seems to shift about 100kHz for
each 1KHz RIT offset. Is there a problem - or do I have a rogue FT1000MP ?

73 - and Season's Greetings to everyone

Don - G3OZF (g3ozf@mayerin.demon.co.uk)