AP2MY During CQWW CW?

Subject: AP2MY During CQWW CW?
From: k0od@ix.netcom.com (k0od@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Dec 24 17:47:16 1995
I've seen a few mentions on the contest reflector of a 40-meter single band
CQWW CW operation by an AP2MY. The operator was supposed to be a K9, no less.
I was single band on 40 the whole contest and never ran into such a delicacy.
Floyd's claimed score list shows that AP2MY had something like 2400 QS
(probably a new one on 40 for 2300 of those guys!).

I would think an AP CW contest operation by an American would be pretty
newsworthy. Yet, I've seen nothing about AP2MY in any resource. Was AP2MY just
a tantalizing typo, or was it for real?
                        Jeff K0OD  St Louis, MO  k0od@ix.netcom.com