Fwd: Microsoft cars

Subject: Fwd: Microsoft cars
From: K2UA@aol.com (K2UA@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 01:47:15 1996
Just thought this made good reading.

Something to think about.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   W5VYY@dlep1.itg.ti.com (John Gammon)
To:     john_gammon@ftw.paging.mot.com (John Gammon)
CC:     brogers@elkhart.com (Cmdr Bill Rogers), danafo@intellex.com (Dan
Davenport), K2UA@aol.com (Dennis Alexander), wa5jrh@ionet.net (Hank
Blackstock), 102162.3244@compuserve.com (Monty Friesen),
sailoday@intellex.com (Sam Sylvester), pgkn09a@prodigy.com (Dr. Jack
Anderson)

What would be different if Microsoft started building cars ???

1.  A particular model year of car wouldn't be available until after that
year instead of before.

2.  Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you would have to buy a
new car.

3.  Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, and you would have
to restart it.  For some strange reason, you would accept this.

4.  You could only have one person in the car at one time, unless you bought
a Car-95 or a Car-NT.  But then you would have to buy more seats.

5.  Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was powered by the sun, twice as
reliable, and five times as fast - but it would only run on 5% of the roads.

6.  The oil, engine, gas and alternator warning lights would be replaced
with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.

7.  People would get all excited about the "new" features in Microsoft cars,
forgetting completely that they had been available in other cars for years.

8.  We would all have to switch to Microsoft gas.

9.  The U.S. goverment would be getting subsidies from an automaker instead
of giving them.

10.  New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt