TopBand: ZJ Beverage box modifications

Subject: TopBand: ZJ Beverage box modifications
From: n3rr@cais.cais.com (Bill Hider) (Bill Hider)
Very interesting!  I have this very problem with WINX 1600 KHz AM located
just a mile from me.

In fact, I noticed the intermod last Friday morning..And K3GEG on the 147.00
repeater gave the conclusive analysis of the intermod I was getting.  I was
hearing many USA guys calling on 1908 when I was trying to copy the JAs.
Actually, they were on 3508 calling AL7EL/KH9.  Per K3GEG, 3508 - 1600 = 1908.

I had previously, many times over the past 6 months since I installed it,
noticed that often my NE (CONTEST) EWE wouldn't work.  I'd go out and check
it, remove the coax connection, jiggle the connections, etc looking for an
intermittant.  Then I'd turn the power off and it'd work next time I turned
it on.  I thought the ZJ box was intermittant.!!  That EWE points right at
WINX!!

In actuality, I had an R&D department (W6GO and K2ZJ) working on the problem
all the time!!  Thanks, Jay & John!

I'm going to try this "fix".

Bill, N3RR

P.S.  John, K2ZJ, can you ship me a couple of MARS 3 devices?  As you know,
I have seven of your boxes.  Thanks.  Bill Hider, 10241 Lakewood Dr.,
Rockville, Md. 20850-3661.

Bill