TIC RING REPAIR (fwd)

Subject: TIC RING REPAIR (fwd)
From: Ronald R. Sigismonti" <sig@locke.ccil.org (Ronald R. Sigismonti)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ronald R. Sigismonti <sig@locke.ccil.org>
To: CQ-CONTEST@TGV.COM
Cc: 6481603@MCIMail.com
Subject: TIC RING REPAIR

Hi Fellow Contesters on the eve of the ARRL CW DX Contest.  I am in the
sad position of having a TIC Ring at 117 ft. that has a bad potentiometer
in it.  I've spoken to TIC and received a perlacement pot and plastic
gear.  Alas, as is usually the case with TIC General, no instructions re
replacement of the gear were available!  Has anyone made such repairs out
there?  If you know of anyone that has, please give me the contact to
call.  We have only this weekend coming to make this and 2 Tailtwisters
that have suddenly gone south operable.  I can get the motor off of the
ring, just need to know if there are any tips as to what to look out for,
or be careful about when we try to replace the pot.

Thanks a ton!  This is our high 20M beam and it must rotate if we are to
be competitive.  OOOP's maybe I shouldn't have said that!

73 and GL in the CW Test.

de Sig, N3RS
Sig@Locke.CCIL.org

P.S. I had to resend this because I was somehow dropped from the mailing
list.  Not sure why, but wonder if that has happened to anyone else?