Switching Power Supply

Subject: Switching Power Supply
From: WD5N%mimi@magic.itg.ti.com (WD5N%mimi@magic.itg.ti.com)
Date: Tue Feb 6 14:18:05 1996
From: wd5n@msg.ti.com

Subject: re: Switching Power Supply

This info was passed around last year, time to go again I guess:
The Icom PS-35 is light (about 5 or 6 lbs) and small.  It was
designed to be the optional internal supply for a variety of Icom
rigs.  I had to call several supply houses before finding availability
from Ross.  Not overly cheap, I think it was about $200, or maybe
a little less.  Changing a jumper inside allows operation from 220V.
The only problem: it is not designed for 100% duty cycle, so you
can't use it for a 100-watt rig in an RTTY contest!  Several folks
have reported using it for dxpeditions with no problems.

  73, Dave     WD5Noodle          <wd5n@msg.ti.com>