Sprint Stuff

Subject: Sprint Stuff
From: ramirezk@emi.com (ramirezk@emi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 09:32:57 1996
 Decided to try the Sprint at the last minute.My first
mistake.Strategy-Call CQ QSY + - 5kc,call cq ,etc Signal not
good enough to answer CQs without getting clobbered. wasted
lot's of valuable time calling CQ without being answered.Life's
a Bitch!
 Had to redo the N6TR LOGCFG.DAT file in a rush and barely got
it correct in time for start time.
20 meters was a bust! Long Haul West Coast only. A measly 30
something qsos. Thought 40 would be much better. It was. For the
West coast again that is. West coast, West coast,WESTCOAST,LOUD
AND CLEAR. a FEW W5s sprinkled in between. 80 had to be better!
Thank God for 80 meters. Finally hearing W1,W2,W3,W4 loud enough
and still West Coast,west coast, west coast! AAHHHHH!!!!Can't
escape them...
I need to do more CW contesting. Once or twice a year just isn't
enough to stay proficient.
      Here is my second mistake. I accidentally forgot to copy
the log.tmp file and deleted it and only copied the log.dat file
for v4.05 of N6TR logger. I lost the last 5 calls of the contest
out of my log. If you were my contact number 185,186,187,188,189
please send me your call and info. Please?!
Results original-189 X 42=7938
        Stupidity version and final version unless I am lucky=
184 X 42+ 7728
Rig Icom 740 20m antenna= 160m sloper at 47ft
             40m- gnd mouted vertical 100 watts to the sky 700
watts to the ground!
             80m-inv vee at 47ft works quite well.
  Drake L4B 800 watts
N6TR version 4 Contest logger. Great Program even for Sprint!Got
rid of all paper and forced myself to use the computer even for
a Sprint. Need the practice.
    Working on new antennas for 40 meters and 20meters.
Hopefully in time for next years sprint... 73 Ken KP4XS/W4 SC