Tower modeling programs (and liability)

Subject: Tower modeling programs (and liability)
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@ix.netcom.com> (Pete Smith)
At 09:39 AM 2/11/96 -0800, W7NI wrote:

>The tax preparation program comparison falls down a little also because I
>can't see how an innocent bystander can get maimed or killed because you
>make a mistake in your taxes.

On the other hand, the IRS can send you to jail. I think people like Intuit
(Turbotax) are more worried about the consumer suing them directly than
about 3d parties.

FWIW, for $26/yr I bumped the liability limit on my homeowner's insurance to
$1 million.  I had initially explored the idea of a wraparound overall
liability policy, but concluded that the cost of the latter option was too
high relative to where my risk lay (a couple of hundred dollars a year).
The homeowner insurance angle may be a useful low-cost option for some others.
73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@ix.netcom.com