final shot on 75m "good ol' boys"

Subject: final shot on 75m "good ol' boys"
From: Steve Lufcy <km0l@tyrell.net> (Steve Lufcy)
I recieved 35 responses to my post on the 75 meter "good ol' boys".
A summary of responses:
8 people said we should report and publish the calls of the offenders.
7 said to ignore them.
7 suggested we change the contest rules to stay aaway from them.
5 contesters said they have, or are going to, quit ssb contesting.
2 people said to give the "good ol' boys" room and leave everything as is.
1 response each to put them in jail, give them Prozac, and that the "good
                   ol' boys are right.

Very interesting. I, personally have no problem with someone doing other
things on the ham bands during contests. I do have a problem with someone
who gets on a band for the purpose of interferring and harrassing people
who are doing something legitimate. The folks I am complaining about were
not conducting QSO's- just cursing and QRMing contesters. I wish we could
teach everyone to behave with common courtesy and respect.
Thanks to all who responded.
73 de KM0L