Tower Help

Subject: Tower Help
From: Fred Hopengarten" <k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com (Fred Hopengarten)
On Sun, 11 Feb 1996 09:39:03 -0800, "Stan Griffiths" <w7ni@teleport.com>
wrote:

K1VR:     All said and done, however, I have yet to hear why my
> >parallel to the Lotus 1-2-3 program, as a tool for financial
> >analysts or lay people, is inaposite.

W7NI: I guess all I can say on this is, knowing the little that I do about
Lotus 1-2-3, it appears to be a very general spreadsheet program and has
extremely wide applications.  I don't know it well enough to know if there is
built-in advice on how to construct a financial analysis of a company such as
> Gimbles.  If there is then I guess your comparison is a good one, if not,
> then I'd say Lotus 1-2-3 is not a specific enough program to lay any blame
> on the Lotus software writers.

K1VR:

In fact, both Excel and 1-2-3 include "templates" for doing
a variety of very specific calculations.

W0UN has suggested another parallel.  There are half a dozen
tax prep software programs on the market.  A tower software
writer could easily steal their disclaimer clauses.
--
                      Fred Hopengarten K1VR
           Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105